Thursday, October 23, 2014

Introduction

Hi! My name is Heather Rockwell. I live in Pittsburgh and am a mom to a five year old son, two dogs, and two cats. I am also a graduate student in professional writing at Chatham University in Pittsburgh. I am starting this blog as a class assignment but I'm hoping to continue it as long as I have something to say!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed reading about the daily dangers in our environment, and wonder what sorts of things our children will face in the future? I do and I bet many of you do too. Though we as individuals are limited in our abilities to radically change the planet, we can make a difference in our own homes by making simple changes and avoiding certain things. 


My goal is to investigate possible dangers lurking in everyday chemicals, talk about the research, and provide alternatives when possible. I often hear people say "they couldn't sell it if it wasn't safe," but they can and they do!


Though I have worked in cancer research for most of my career, I have no formal educational training in medicine or science. However, I do have a passion for keeping people healthy, a natural skepticism regarding consumer products, and a mother who never let her kids get dental x-rays (more on that later...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment